The LOI deadline has passed. No further grant requests will be accepted for 2016.Login
Click here to apply for a grant or access your grant application
Specialty Food Foundation has one grant cycle per year with grants awarded in December. The process begins with Letters of Inquiry via an online form. Grant recipients will be selected from those invited to submit a full application during phase two of the process.
The system will walk you through setting up a username and password as well as filling out the required information online for the Letter of Inquiry (LOI). Please do not email letters of inquiry. Any questions, please contact Laura Lozada.
The 2016 grantmaking schedule is as follows:
|March 1 – April 29||Letters of Inquiry accepted|
|May 31||Applicants invited to submit full proposals|
|July 29||Full proposals due|
|November||Grant recipients notified|
|December||Grants announced & awarded|
Things to Know Before Applying:
1. Specialty Food Foundation supports social entrepreneurs in their innovative approaches to reducing hunger and increasing food recovery.
2. We fund capacity building grants, general operating grants, innovation grants, project/program support grants and seed grants.
3. Grants range from $10,000-$30,000 and are awarded to organizations in the U.S. only.
4. Please familiarize yourself with our mission and vision via this site. Is there a match between the work you do and the work we support?
5. Review our past/present grant recipients. Are there organizations you recognize or know or organizations doing work similar to yours?
6. Think about Specialty Food Foundation’s core values connect with the work your organization is doing. Review them below:
- Create a lifelong passion for good food starting with the youngest members of society
- Inspire and activate our community
- Increase access to and affordability of good food
- Facilitate innovation and share creativity that accelerates the achievement of our mission
- Reduce the level of food wasted in our industry
- Build a collaborative network to achieve our goals